This summer was seriously a blur and went so fast. The kids started back at school and I have such a different feeling than last year when they began school. Chloe felt so little and I was scared for her to start school and be away from Mommy but this year we were all excited. My kids love school, I know, I know, it won't always be the case but for now they love it and I love having some peace in the house again :) They have amazing teachers and should do really well again this year.
Connor has a brand new teacher. She is new to the school and this is her first official year teaching. She is young, sweet and full of ideas and optimism.
Chloe's teacher is new to the school, but seasoned. She taught in Florida for years and seems to be on the ball. I really like her and she can see Chloe's abilities and will hopefully keep her challenged. Some of the homework Chloe brings home just makes me and her laugh. She is so advanced. I am not sure how it happened but she is so smart and I hope she will be OK in the first grade. She is showing signs of boredom already but we'll see.
The days are long. Here are some pictures of their first day on the bus (6:40 am) and then arriving back home looking beat..hair all messy..lol.
And a picture that is a rarity. It is a picture that I never thought I would capture, not since my little boy was a baby. It is Connor NAPPING!!!! He is full of energy and NEVER naps. Dan and I just giggled at the sight of out little man layed out- totally out, when there was so much going on around him as he slept.
And just for good measure, a picture of Annabelle. It is a good glimpse of her days right now, for 2 reasons.
1- she has a shoe addiction. I kid you not. The girl wants to walk around all day in shoes. At church sometimes the only thing I can do to calm her down is to give her my HEELS...yes, I said heels, and she walks perfectly in them!
2- because she loves being naked. She rips clothes and diapers off all day long. So I just have to give in sometimes. Right after I took the picture of her she tinkled into Connor's church shoes! Hahahahahahahaha...don't tell him :)
The song for this post (Viva la vida) was our Summer anthem. The whole family would rock out to this song all summer. It was the song of Summer 2008 for the Leyland family. So good bye to summer and HELLO fall. YAY!!!!!!!! My favorite season is just about upon us.




A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago
+button.jpg)
7 comments:
Ha ha ha Soooo cute! Love the pics. And love the song. We Rock out to that song every morning before school! what a coincidence!
Your neighborhood is so cute! Your kids are so cute!
Chloe's little naked okole is so cute! Next time get her in the heels. ha ha
Deb
Thanks Debbie! It must be a family thing with the song ;)
I will try and get a heels shot for sure..lol.
Love the pictures! They make me laugh to see lil annie in the shoes, and the fact that she tinkled in them as well! Stinky! I hope you cleaned them good! Fun Fun. I love your blog! It's so fun to read!
Thanks Mindy. I love yours! Gonna go check it now :)
Ahahahahaaaaaaa! I can't stop laughing at Annabelle! That's freakin' hilarious!
I miss you guys so much! I can't wait for Christmas!
Hi Emily, Your blog is fun to read. It is amazing how much you and Mary remind me of Debbie and Melanie when you write. your kids are so cute and grownup. and your neighborhood is Darling. Take care,
Hi Sheila!!
It is wonderful to hear from you. It is funny. I think Mary and I are like Deb and Melanie too. I love that we are all getting in touch and getting to know one another better.:)
Post a Comment