I have had many moments in the last few weeks that have made me proud and excited. Proud as a mother for my son who has made good choices in his 9 years. Yep- he just turned 9. You all know how I feel about time whizzing by so I won't go down that road but gosh, he's my baby :(
So- here is why I am proud. There is a big construction site down the road from our house. We have walked there often and many days we hear the roar of the big earth movers. Connor and some of his friends decided to venture down there. Yep- something bad happened. Let me explain.
Connor came home as I was doing some dishes and stood beside me. I knew immediately he was about to tell me something. He tapped me and told me that the boys he was with had been throwing big rocks at the tractors and diggers windows. Of course like a record screeching to a halt, I stopped everything and had him explain the whole story to me. He did and I asked him many questions to see if he was involved. As a mother who knows her child, I knew he had not participated and for that I felt grateful, but also proud that he came straight home to tell me.
We talked at length and I knew that we had to call the police and tell them who had vandalized the equipment. Brave little Connor had to tattle on his mates but also tell the whole story to a cop, who towered over him. He was doing the right thing and he knew it. I sat back and let him tell the whole story and be accountable for being there. The police officer told me he could tell that Connor didn't do anything and told Connor how proud he was of him. I was proud, very proud.
The cop visited all the other boys homes involved and 3 parents now have to pony up $3000 for the windows. ( They were too young to press charges).
I am soooo glad that Connor listened to the still small voice inside his head and came home, avoided doing something that he could have so easily been tempted into doing. I mean come on, who doesn't like breaking things :)
Now another thing making me happy is the fact that it is happening!!! What? I hear you say. The leaves are turning and fall is right around the corner. I was stood in my kitchen and saw the light streaming through the trees and a bright orange blob caught my eye. I went out to investigate and this is what I saw. I missed the perfect timing to take a picture where the sun hit this leaf perfectly and made it look like a fire out in the woods but I still thought it was quite beautiful. So to the leaders of the pack, in any situation- well done!


A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago
+button.jpg)

2 comments:
Yay! Fall is on the way. That picture made me so jealous. And way to go Conner! He's handsome too. And thanks for all your kind words on my blogs. It means so much to me. And POST MORE often cause me and my mom love to read your blog.
Connor is the man! Nice post Em! I miss being out there with you guys!
Post a Comment