CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ALL BOY


Oh that Connor keeps me on my toes, and always has! I said that I would say why last Thursday was so crazy in my last post. Well-Connor was out on his bike, he hit a bump in the road and spilled all over the road. Poor guy had to go to the Urgent care center and get his chin put back together. It was a nasty looking, deep, mangled cut. The doctor was AWESOME! An old southern gentleman doctor, with a good heart. He told us most doctors would just sew it up and refer him to a plastic surgeon later, but he didn't believe in passing the buck, so he took care of it then and there.

I got woozy for the first time in my life looking at a wound. I think because it was my own son, and it was so gross what the doctor had to do (debriding) but the stitches came out today and Connor was sooooo brave. He never flinched through the 1 hour process, he was a trooper and the doctor congratulated him on his bravery. He said he has grown men cry and squirm around during that kind of procedure:)


The first picture is just hilarious. The shirt was the PERFECT shirt to have on that day, the Urgent Care in the background, dirt and blood on his shirt. It just says loud and clear what the life of a boy is all about!



Don't worry- these pics are blurry and tame. I didn't include the gruesome ones...eeeeeeeee...I shiver just thinking about them.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Poor kid I hope he is doing better, I'm sure this will not slow him down one bit.
Justin and I have said that Jack-Jack will be the one to send us to the emergency room. So far he has done that twice and almost bit off his tounge twice. So much fun!!!

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Wow - poor thing. That had to be pretty painful! I sure hope Zach doesn't have to get stitches or sent to the ER, but my husband keeps telling me he had to, so so will our son. :-(

Love your blog by the way!