CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

ONE OF THE BEST!

I have had a lot of 4th of July's to celebrate in my 31 years of life and for some reason, this was one of the best. We were able to see old friends from our ward that we hadn't seen since the split. Living so far away from any family is difficult, they are our family here and sharing that holiday with people we dearly love was wonderful.



It was a classic American holiday, at it's best. Watermelon eating contests, tug-of-war, BBQ, yummy desserts, warm sticky summer heat filled the air as the sun set around us, creating a warm landscape.
Laughter and camaraderie was shared by all.




It was touching as well as fun. Taps played as the veterans took the flag down and honored those who had fallen and served our country.

I know in other countries, we as Americans can sometimes be mocked for the love we have for our flag, but it is merely a symbol. A symbol of the love, pride, dedication, sacrifice, and unity we have as Americans and it unites us, even if for just one day each year.


The firework display was one of the best I had seen, For being a Stake event, it was an amazing display.
We were so close to them. Each time they were shot into the air, the loud thump made your heart nearly stop. The accompanying music was shared with an orchestra of screaming babies and children who thought the noise was too much to handle.

There was one exception, our little miss Annabelle. She was screaming with excitement and jubilation, clapping her hands as the fireworks lit up the sky.


Chloe was tucked into a quilt with her eyes fixed on the night sky while we held hands. Annabelle later joined her and kissed and hugged her as she cuddled in close to her.


Connor was off somewhere with his friends. I kept wanting him to come and be with us, but I realised that he is getting older, and being with Mom and Dad just doesn't hold the same lure.

We all had a fabulous time and again, my wish it is that I could share it with our family spread far and wide.

Love to all
x The Leylands x

2 comments:

Darci said...

I love the first photo of Daniel and Chloe. That looks like an exciting stake event. Watching the kids grow up is bitter sweet.

Mackay Family said...

That looked like quite the event. Annabelle is so adorable. I love that holiday too!