CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BZZZZZZZZ...WE ARE AT WAR!!!

We are at war with these scary, evil creatures. They are called cicada killers (shudder) and they are giving us a good old fight. This is the 2nd year that they have infested our yard. They laid their eggs on the cicada's they killed last summer and buried themselves under our yard all winter and spring. (bigger shudder)
Surprise!! They are back this year and with a vengeance.




Last year we had the exterminator out a few times, to the tune of over $300 dollars and nothing he used even touched them. They are the invincible bug. This year we have tried 4 different kinds of poison. We even killed a lot of our grass last year trying to kill the under ground nests with boiling water at night when they were dormant. We had a little success but it didn't eradicate them.

So- my brave boys are out every morning swatting the crazy scary killers. I can't even get near them. They dive bomb at you and buzz so loudly. I scream every time I have to get into my car.



Here are a couple of stunned ones on the drive after one of their swatting sessions . The hit only stuns them and then the boys have to seek each one out and squash it. The crunch is audible and disgusting.


Here are the spectators from this mornings match. I had asked Chloe to get Annabelle dressed if they wanted to come out and this was her interpretation in the 90 degree heat. Bless her :) hehe

30-35 killed yesterday, about 20 this morning. A high five celebrates the victory.

Awww- it is a bonding experience for my men :) How cute is this note for Father's Day?

Little Miss Annabelle is finally doing this through the night again after her bout with hand foot and mouth disease. She's on the mend. Thanks for all the prayers!!



Beautiful little lady. How'd she get so big?

x Love to you all x

7 comments:

Mac said...

That is hilarious - in a not so hilarious way. I hate buzzy bugs. So I figure you've killed about 50 - only 3000 to go. Perhaps we should have a ward activity or something at your house and all bring our tennis rackets. I feel for ya honey!!

Candace said...

I loved annabelle's outfit I literally started laughing out loud. Those bugs are scary, bless your hearts!!!

Ben said...

That is so funny! And yet, so disturbing at the same time! How could the kids hold them in their hands without wanting to vomit?

Connor's father's day note was hilarious too!

Sarah said...

They are huge! They look like some plastic oversized bees we have at work. I would be terrified! Lucky your boys are so brave!

Darci said...

Scary! I don't think I could handle those monster bugs. What fun for Connor and Daniel though.

The Haley Family said...

oh my...those are SO GROSS! Shudder is right! I love the tennis racket killers! Love the vest outfit too. Good luck!

mary.liz said...

That is SOOOOO gross. I hate those things. I think we'll steer clear of your house for a while. Let me know when Connor and Daniel have them all killed.

Blecht!! that makes me want to barf... what sick bugs!

Connor's tough stuff! Come visit us if you wanna get away from it all!