
It was Connor's first Cub Scouts court of honor. *sniff, sniff* My baby boy is growing up too fast. He earned his bobcat badge and was very proud, and so were we. Connor was very happy that night and we were proud to see our big boy participating the scouting program.

A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago
+button.jpg)
3 comments:
Wow, that kid in the big group shot looks PISSED! Hahahaha!
Great pic's, I can't believe Conner is that old to be in Boy Scouts.
Ben, I miss your humor.
I am making this comment under duress. Who knew that you were supposed to comment? All this blog stuff is new, the whole culture is new, and then someone gets steamed because I didn't know the protocol. Well, I am a person, too. I don't have to make some comment, just because someone else is so needy as to want to know what everyone else thinks! Big deal! I am a busy person. I don't think our self esteem should be measured by how many or what quality the comments of readers are. So, this is all I am going to say, except for the obvious: Blogs, whatever that stands for, are obviously the way for modern people to pound their chest and say: Hey, lookie-lookie at me and my family and my kids. Lookie-lookie at what I did. Don't worry that my dad may be busy reading a Frederic Forsyth novel about the middle east, and trying to stretch his mind a bit. I want him to STOP everything and tell me how cool I am. Well, I won't buy into that. I AM busy, don't have time to waste. The protagonist of the novel is up to his ears in deep yogurt, and it is interesting, and, in my humble opinion, I think that is a better use of my time than re-blogging, if that is a word. So, without further ado, I will end this re-blogging, but, with further ado I will add just this one thing: Red Hair is not a recessive trait. Look at Winston Churchill. Was he recessive? No, I didn't think so. And, for that matter, look at that little kid that was in the series with Andy Griffiths, was he recessive? No, again. He is now a movie director, so all this crap about recessive genes and skipping over generations doesn't hold much in the way of humidity, get it? So, as I was saying, I am busy, I can't just take all this time to comment on your self serving Lookie Lookie at me. I don't have any kids at home to crow about. I don't even have a husband, not that I haven't tried, you know, but no one out there chose me. It was like in grade school. Everybody else got chosen first for ball games, until I told them that I, yes I, knew the rules, and that red-headed people couldn't play in the infield, only brownies, so again, there we go with the red headed deal. Did I say I was busily reading, and looking things up on the internet, to help me understand the novel? Well, here I am, commenting on this stuff. Not to offend anybody, but, come on. Enough is enough. I never thought that the Blog mentality meant that you had to say Hey, Lookie=Lookie at me and my family. I have a red head in the mix. So big deal. What does that mean in the long run? Could it have to do with brother hair envy? Huh? Huh? I am really busy, and this typing isn't that easy. I am giving this a stream of consciousness dialogue and I could be reading in my book. You think I didn't read all the stuff about red hair and generations and the other crap that was in there? Gut-check time....I have to go. I was going to eat tonight, making some food for myself, but now, I can't because of this re-blogging stuff, I mean crap, but that is rude, so stuff will have to suffice. If you think I didn't read all the stuff (xxxx) then you would be wrong. I am busy, but not too busy to do this and miss my evening meal. Celery with peanut butter (chunk style) is all I can eat tonight, because of this re-blogging thingy. I am done
Sincerely Danny Dalebout
Post a Comment