I have been full of fear the last few months, not hope. I have felt scared and unsure about our future. Unsure how to care for my family in times of spiritual and mortal calamities, scared about the times when life will get really bad and the "easy" life I have known, will be something of the past, scared for the days when we will have to stand strong against evil.
Today I realized that we have to do that everyday already. In every choice we make to do right, or take the better road, we are standing strong. I realized that though life will get scary all around us, I know that the Savior of the world will return! I don't need to be scared. I know that I can live eternally with my family, Father in Heaven and Savior.
I finally got it. At church today the message was clear. A message I had been praying for in my moments of fear and anxiousness. We should be hopeful. We should not fear. These days have been prophesied about. No matter what we may face as a country or a church, we know we will be "safe".
Watching the protesters of the Proposition 8 in California, angrily bang on the temple gates made me so sad and mad. I also felt ready, ready to stand a little taller, a little braver in the face of adversity. We can't shrink in these days, from anything we believe in. As one of my blogger friends Shelle said "After a 150 years...the MOBS are back. But it is a sign of the times...it is meant to come to pass." That just made my hair stand on end when I read it, because it is so true and the same thoughts came to my mind when I saw the protesters at the temple grounds.
Many other churches supported Prop 8, but it seems that Mormons are being vilified and singled out.
The long and the short of my post is this. I know that we have a father in heaven who loves us and a Savior that gave his life for us, that one day we can return and live with him again. I know there are going to be rough seas ahead but today, for the first day in months I feel HOPE. I know I do not need to fear. It's a burden I am so happy to have unloaded. Watch this beautiful video. The photos are simply... stunning!
Make sure you pause my music player on the right before you start the video ;)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
9 months ago
+button.jpg)
4 comments:
Thanks for that uplifting and beautiful message. I needed it. And I loved that video.
Awesome post Em!
Love ya!
WOW...you said it SO much better than myself! Seriously I feel the same way and I feel like I can stand a little taller and face the adversity because it will be just a short time and then PEACE!!! :)
Dear Emily, You have such a creative way of expressing your thoughts, via words, images, photos and emotions. The new photos are breath-taking. The way you wield your camera, as an extension of your mind is amazing. Pictures of eyes, hands, feet, fingers, wow. Details of life that we let go by. In a year, what will Chloe, Annabell and Connor look like? You have captured their hearts, and yours and Daniel's as well. Your Happy Birthday for Ken is amazing also. Whoever thought of doing that is phenomenal. I bet he and the family loved it. Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Not only do we have to be filled with hope, but faith also, in Christ, and for our families and ourselves. You help me with that. I love you all.
Dad
Post a Comment