CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Castles, mud, tractors & sunshine........





For a few days now, I have heard the rumblings and roars of tractors in the woods behind our house, so of course we had to go investigate on a family walk. It was so much fun! It was on Saturday so no one was there and we were able to walk into our own private play ground. I loved watching the kids cut loose and enjoy getting dirty and using their imagination. It reminded me of all my care free summers in Mt.Carmel, Utah. I would give anything to have gobs of land so that every day we could play and frolic like that. What is it about big mounds of things? Be it dirt, mulch, sand, put one in front of a kid and you have made their YEAR! The kids found a mound of rocks and it quickly became a castle, the sticks became swords. Dan and I watched from afar as Connor and Chloe battled dragons and plotted out the escape plans. Chloe played the damsel in distress and Connor heroicly saved her from the dungeons grasp. I could have sat there for hours listening to them, and watching childhood at it's best. When did that magic slip away from me? Gosh- to be young again. I think we are going to make many trips back to our play ground, well, until all the houses are built and we have to find another.








Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Ginger said...

It looks nice down there, not to cold and not to hot. How's the fam?
I can't believe how big the kids are getting.