CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WE HOLD THE KEY...


To our new house!!!!

~And here is it~



Annie was a happy princess dancing around the house.

We couldn't stop running around looking in doors and reveling in the fact that this was finally OURS!!!

This is leading out to the sun room.


Oooooh mama likes the kitchen!

Daniel of course had to try out the central vac system. IT ROCKS!!
(Love my cleaning obsessed man)

Looking out the front room bay windows.


The coolest thing is we have an abandoned graveyard in the woods right behind our house.
I will admit at first this scared me but now I find it completely interesting and strangely comforting. It is part of history and the kids and I will now take care of this area.

There are only a few actual tombstones and the rest are these stones with no engraving or markings whatsoever. It is sad really. I want to find out the history of this place. Some of our friends have suggested it could be a slave graveyard or Indian burial ground. Possibly even from the Civil War.


This majestic old tree stands in the middle of the graveyard and adds to the magic of it all. It is quite sweet back there and not at all scary.


There you go family and friends who have been asking for pictures. I will post more soon. I am up to my eyeballs in moving and a tad bit overwhelmed so please forgive me if I don't answer emails quickly.

Love you all. Thanks for sharing this fun time with us.

x The Leylands x

12 comments:

J.B. said...

I'm so happy for you guys. The house looks great. I'm thinking of making a trip down there just to see it and of course see you.
I can't wait to see how you decorate it and make it into a home.

Ginger said...

Em, the post that says it is from Jay is from me. Ginger

i realized that is Justin's account that I was writing under. So now you don't need to freak out.

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Hahaha I was like "do I know a Jay" ;-)
Love ya girl! I'll call you when things calm down.

Candace said...

Oh my gosh I love it!!!! It's gorgeous!!!! Congrats! Can't wait to come over!

Alyson | New England Living said...

That is sooooo awesome, Emily! Lovely house and very cool graveyard. I want one of those! :)

Mme. Kara said...

I'm coveting your kitchen and I'm anxious to see the decor. Congrats!

Ben said...

So RADICAL! Holy cow, that's an awesome house!

Jo said...

your house looks amazing, congratulations.

The Haley Family said...

WOW, it is gorgeous Em!! I can't wait to see how you make it YOURS with all of your amazing talent!

Mackay Family said...

Your house is SO cute. Your kitchen looks awesome. We are house hunting right now and it is no fun...seeing your cute house gives me hope that we might one day find one!

mary.liz said...

VERY cool! It will be even cooler when you get that tax rebate next year!

Congrats again!

Darci said...

Your new home is bee-utiful! Have fun making it your own. I love that you plan to take care of the graveyard with the kids. I would totally be freaked out by it.