CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Deep South Y'all.


We were able to get away this weekend to Charleston, South Carolina and it was delightful.

On our way to tour the Charleston harbor by boat.


The rocking of the boat put Danny boy to sleep in no time ;-)

Connor looking at Fort Sumter where the first shots of the Civil war were shot.


This was the first time we had all eaten boiled peanuts.
(kinda weird)


The kids felt very important looking down on all of us tourists. Other people were taking photos of my kids too, which was a little strange.


We were dragged in an old candy store by the children and they of course, thoroughly enjoyed themselves.



The beauty of this city is undeniable. I wanted to snap pictures of every little thing.


Uncle Ben came with us before returning to school and it was great laughing and having fun one last time before he gets married.

Daniel and I took a "Ghosts in the Graveyard" tour through the city at night and it was thrilling.




The Spanish moss that hung from the trees were so eery but so Southern.

One of the enchanting gas lamps that lit the city many years ago and still does.
It adds such ambiance.



One of the hundreds of old church's and one reason why the city is called the Holy city.






The homes were truly amazing and almost unreal. I could just imagine putting a big antebellum frock on and walking around the wrap around porches waiting for my beau.








We ended the trip by going to Folly Beach and letting the kids play about in the sea.













It was a wonderful trip and I have fallen in love with this city.

I have so many other family events to blog about. I've been a little lazy on the family blog and I do apologize.

~Love y'all~

The Stateside Leyland's
xxx






4 comments:

mary.liz said...

SOoooooooOOO Cool!! What a beautiful trip and city. What a great end to a fun summer!

Jo said...

it looks so beautiful! its already on my list of places to visit...

rummage family said...

Even more beautiful pictures! I love the family one!

Deedra said...

Great pics, Em! And I love the new blog layout!